Close-knit things are intimate, like a close-knit community where everyone knows each other’s names and people look out for each other. Awww. The adjective close-knit is perfect for describing a group of people who are socially close. … And a close-knit family is familiar and united in their love for each other.
What does being close-knit mean?
: bound together by intimate social or cultural ties or by close economic or political ties close-knit families.
What does the phrase close-knit family mean?
If a group of people are close-knit, they all help and support each other: a close-knit family/community.
How would you describe a tight-knit community?
Close-knit and tight-knit are adjectives that describe people who have strong bonds, people who are are closely bound together through cultural, political, social or family ties. …
How do you describe a close-knit team?
A close-knit group of people are closely linked, do things together, and take an interest in each other.
What’s another word for close knit?
What is another word for close-knit?
What is another word for tight-knit?
Tightknit Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.
What is another word for tightknit?
Which word means the same as a close knit group of people?
Synonyms for close-knit. clannish, cliquey, cliquish.
How do you close knit?
(1) We are a very close-knit family and support each other through any crises. (2) The racing world is a pretty close-knit fraternity. (3) Events over the last year have created a close-knit community. (4) Close-knit communities have ways of enforcing such agreements.
How do you build a close knit family?
5 Ways to Create a Close-Knit Family
- Having Meals Together Is Important!
- Family Ethics.
- Introducing Family Traditions.
- Always Stand by Your Family Members.
- Respect Each Other’s Personal Space.
What does gingerly mean?
: very cautious or careful … loose, exfoliated rock, into which he hammered pitons with the gingerly care of a carpenter finishing cabinets.— David Roberts His questions were gingerly and puzzled.—
What does unfathomable mean?
: not capable of being fathomed: a : immeasurable. b : impossible to comprehend.
What is the opposite of a close family?
7 Answers. Extended family is the usual term covering in-laws, cousins, and so forth. Far apart in relationship: a distant cousin.
What does tight-knit mean in the outsiders?
Tight-knit. Definition-well-organized and firmly and closely integrated.
How do you use tight knitting in a sentence?
Tight-knit in a Sentence
- Our family is a tight-knit group, and we enjoy going on family vacations together several times a year. …
- Harriet hoped to be accepted at her new school, but the tight-knit group of friends had no desire to let her into their clique.