What is the star stitch? The star stitch (also known as the daisy stitch) is a crochet pattern constructed with single crochet and half double crochet stitches and simple 2-row repeat that creates a star pattern sequence on the right side of your work.
How do you crochet a star Stitch for Beginners?
To work star stitch, begin with a multiple of 10 + 2 chs. To begin, insert hk in 2nd ch from hk, yo, pull up a lp, [insert hook in next ch, yo, pull up a lp] 4 times, yo and pull through all 6 lps on hook, ch 1 (see illustration — Beginning Star Stitch completed).
How many chains do you need for a star stitch?
Row 1: Start by chaining any even number of stitches, 6 or greater. The first star uses 6 chains, and the remaining stars each use 2.
What is the prettiest crochet stitch?
20 Most Eye-Catching Crochet Stitches
- Moss Stitch. …
- Zig Zag Puff Stitch. …
- Star Stitch. …
- Griddle Stitch. …
- Tulip Stitch. …
- V Double Crochet Stitch. …
- Ribbed Half Double Crochet. http://littlemonkeyscrochet.com/tutorial-ribbed-half-double-crochet-stitch-ribhdc/
- Daisy Stitch. http://lotsofcrochetstitches.blogspot.com/2012/02/daisy-crochet-stitch.html.
What crochet stitch is best for a blanket?
Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Waffle Stitch. This crochet stitch gives you a waffle like texture. …
- Granny Crochet Stitch. A classic granny stitch in rows. …
- Chevron Stitch. The chevron stitch looks wonderful in stripes! …
- Moss Stitch. Great for beginners! …
- C2C Stitch.
- Shell stitch. Perfect for a delicate feel! …
- Basket Weave Stitch. …
- Spider Stitch.
How do you crochet a star stitch pattern?
Star Stitch Pattern
- Row 1: sc5tog from 2nd chain, ch1, *sc5tog from ch1, ch1*, repeat from * until you have 1ch left, 1hdc in that last ch, turn.
- Row 2: ch2 (counts as a hdc), *2hdc in each ch1 from previous row*, repeat from * until you crocheted in each ch1 from previous row, 1hdc in the last stitch, turn.
Is the star stitch reversible?
This means that each side of the fabric will show half a star, giving a completely reversible fabric.
What is a star stitch in knitting?
The star stitch is an easy 4-row repeat where the iconic stars are knitted from the wrong side.
What does MS mean in knitting?
Looking at the pattern and the photo, MS is meant as moss st (or seed st). Oddly written pattern.
How do you crochet a stitch?
How to Crochet a Chain Stitch – CH
- Make a slip knot and place it on your hook. Hold your hook in your right hand.
- Using your hook, pull yarn (from the skein of yarn, not your tail) through your slip knot loop. You’ve just made one chain stitch.
- Repeat step 2 to make as many chains as your pattern calls for.