The lighter weight of DK yarn makes it ideal for pieces like baby blankets, spring cardigans, shawls, and cowls.
What is DK yarn used for?
DK (Double Knit) is a light yarn, for example of 50 grams. DK yarns are thinner than Aran yarns and are often used for projects that require lightweight yarns, such as a summer sweater, cap, accessories or children’s clothing.
What can I knit with DK yarn?
DK Weight Afghan and Blanket Patterns
- Evergreen Afghan.
- Grow With Me Knit Blanket Pattern.
- Half Square Triangle Blanket.
- Double Pennant Baby Blanket.
- Sage Sofa Throw Pattern.
- Swiss Cross Children’s Blanket.
- Mohair Lace Throw.
What can I crochet with DK weight yarn?
- Blankets & Afghans. Blankets & Afghans.
- Booties. Booties.
- Scarves & Shawls. Scarves & Shawls.
What can you make with DK cotton yarn?
15 Crochet Patterns to Make With Cotton Yarn
- Dish Cloths. c2c Dish Cloth from Cute As A Button Crochet.
- Hot Pads. Extra Thick Crochet Hot Pad from Cute As A Button Crochet.
- Bowl Cozies. Bowl Cozy Crochet Pattern from A Stitch At A Time.
- Rugs. Bubble Gum Accent Rug from Little Monkeys Crochet (now Yarn & Chai)
- Face Scrubbies. …
- Kitchen Scrubbies. …
- Market Bags. …
- Wash Cloths.
What size yarn is DK?
DK or Double Knitting This is a term that originated in Britain and is used by all types of manufacturers. It refers to a yarn size very close to a sport weight, but slightly heavier. The gauge is about 5 1/2 stitches per inch and is usually knit on a U.S. 6 needle.
Is DK the same as 4 ply?
Structure of a 4 ply yarn
ply (lace weight), DK was known as 10 ply and 4 ply lies somewhere in between. This was great and you could easily see that 2 strands of 4 ply are about the same thickness as DK, 2 strands of lace weight are about the same as 4 ply.
Can you make a blanket with DK yarn?
You can knit this easy garter stitch blanket in your favorite DK weight yarn or worsted weight yarn. This beginner baby blanket knit pattern includes written instructions. It also includes some details on wet blocking your blanket.
What can I knit with 200 yards of yarn?
These are some great ideas for 200 yards of fingering weight yarn.
- Magic Geranium Slippers.
- Pink Cable Braid Headband.
- Izmir Hat.
- Swan’s Head Mitts.
- Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern.
- Petite Cabled Skirt and Headband.
What can I make with 50 grams of yarn?
50 Cute Projects to Make from Leftover Yarn – They Make Excellent Gifts, Too!
- Make simple cable necklaces and bracelets.
- Water bottle carriers.
- Give your clock a cozy.
- Make some colorful lanterns.
- Make whimsical sculptures with yarn and glue.
- Make tassels.
- Crochet a picture frame.
- Crocheted cell phone cover.
Can you crochet with DK wool?
DK (Double Knitting) yarn is what I would call an all-rounder, you could make most things from this! I know it says “double knitting” but you can of course use this to crochet with too! Chunky and Super Chunky Yarn is great for chunky knits like winter hats and scarves or blankets.
What can I make with 3 weight yarn?
Light #3 yarn is also sometimes known as DK and light worsted. This weight of yarn is usually crocheted using the US hook sizes 7 to I-9, which correspond to metric hooks of 4.5 – 5.5 mm. Light #3 yarn is perfect for creating crocheted light clothing, lacy scarves and fall hats.
What can I crochet with medium yarn?
This weight of yarn is usually crocheted using the US hook sizes of I-9 to K-10 1/2 and the metric sizes of 5.5 – 6.5 mm. Medium weight yarn is perfect for summer blanket throws, scarves and home decor.
What can I knit with 100 yards of yarn?
That said, there are still a few cute ideas for that single ball of bulky weight yarn.
- Garter Stitch Diaper Cover.
- Bulky Braided Headband.
- Half Fisherman Ribbed Headband.
- November Birthstone Cowl.
- Sunshine Knit Baby Socks.
- Chunky Knit Planter Cover.
What should a beginner crochet?
22 Quick & Easy Beginner Crochet Patterns
- Moss Stitch Crochet Scarf.
- 1.5 Hour Beanie Crochet Pattern.
- 5-Hour Baby Blanket.
- Decorative Crochet Potholders.
- Reusable Cotton Balls or Spa Scrubbie.
- Quick and Easy Crochet Cowl with Fringe.
- Easy Market Tote.
- Easy Crochet Hat Pattern.
Can you use cotton yarn for a blanket?
Cotton yarn crochet is a top choice when you want to create light items like springtime garments, summer shawls, and all-season blankets. It is also perfect for any item that might get wet, whether that’s a crochet swimsuit or a kitchen towel.