Depending on your project, you’ll need from 110 yards to 220 yards of yarn. The free knitting pattern also includes helpful tips on gauge, project suggestions, yarn choices, and more.
How big should a cowl be?
If you’re knitting a cowl, a circular needle with a length of 24″ is ideal. The needle size will depend on your yarn weight. Keep in mind that a thin yarn will take longer to knit and a thicker yarn will be quicker to knit.
What can I knit with 200 yards of yarn?
These are some great ideas for 200 yards of fingering weight yarn.
- Magic Geranium Slippers.
- Pink Cable Braid Headband.
- Izmir Hat.
- Swan’s Head Mitts.
- Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern.
- Petite Cabled Skirt and Headband.
What can I make with 300 yards of yarn?
300 is a substantial enough number of yards to work with to make something beautiful for either you or your little one.
- Toddler Kimono Sweater.
- Cozy Weekend Infinity Scarf.
- Quick and Easy Knit Cowl.
- That’s My Knit Bag, Baby.
- Little Red Riding Hood Halloween Knitting Pattern.
- Magic Mitten Scarf.
What can I knit with 500 yards of yarn?
With 500 yards, you can knit so much, baby pattern or otherwise.
- Knit Hat and Booties Set.
- Triangles Baby Blanket.
- Cute Knit Shawlette.
- Goddess Summer Scarf.
- Beginner Boxy Lace Knit Top.
- Rainbow Adventures Knit Hat Pattern.
Can you knit a cowl with straight needles?
Knit flat with straight knitting needles, it’s made with acrylic yarn in a worsted weight. What makes it so unique is the self-striping yarn it uses. It’s so easy to do, too. If you can knit, you can make this knitted cowl.
How long should a double wrap cowl be?
One size, approximately 6-8 in/15-20.5 cm wide x 44 in/112 m long (22 in/56 m when folded in half and seamed).
What can I crochet with 100 yards of yarn?
25 Things to Crochet with 100 Yards or Less
- Facial Cleaning Pads (less than 5 yds)
- Teeny Tiny Lobsters (5-10 yds)
- Luna Lovegood’s Radish Earrings (11-22 yds)
- Hundred Yen Pouch (20-30 yds)
- Irish Rose (20-30 yds)
- Littlest Bashful Starfish (20-40 yds)
- Little Baker Set (20-60 yds)
- Toot Sweet Newborn Bonnet (30 yds)
What can I knit with 100 yards of yarn?
That said, there are still a few cute ideas for that single ball of bulky weight yarn.
- Garter Stitch Diaper Cover.
- Bulky Braided Headband.
- Half Fisherman Ribbed Headband.
- November Birthstone Cowl.
- Sunshine Knit Baby Socks.
- Chunky Knit Planter Cover.
What can I knit with 400 yards of bulky yarn?
However, there are plenty of accessories you can knit in this yardage and weight.
- Primavera Wrap.
- Moonstone Beginner Vest Pattern.
- Easy Baby Cardigan.
- Morning Star Knit Baby Blanket.
- Loop Scarf.
- Fluffy Brioche Hat.
What can I make with 2 balls of yarn?
Make These with 2 Skeins or Less!
- Crochet One Skein Throw.
- Mini Crochet Gift Bag.
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern.
- Beginner’s One Hour Cowl.
- Single Skein Market Bag.
- Arcade Stitch Baby Blanket.
- Crocheted Produce Bag.
- Scalloped Crochet Doilies.
How many yards of yarn does it take to make a chunky blanket?
For example, they may be able to identify that 4 pounds of wool can yield a 30” x 50” blanket, and the ball contains 28 yards per pound. Crunch those numbers, and know that you’ll have about 340 feet of chunky yarn in a single ball to yield a 30” x 50” blanket.
How many yards of yarn do I need for a blanket?
How much yarn do I need to make a ____?
|Yarn Weight 1||Yarn Weight 3|
|Shawl||550-850 Yards||400-625 Yards|
|Adult Sweater||3375 Yards||1500-2250 Yards|
|Baby Blanket||1500-1625 Yards||1125-1250 Yards|
|Afghan||3750-4125 Yards||3000-3500 Yards|
What can I crochet with 600 yards of yarn?
With 600 yards of worsted weight yarn, you can still finish some pretty hefty projects.
- Brigitte Shopping Bag.
- Knit Faux Fair Isle Scarf.
- Poppy Knit Triangle Shawl.
- Sophisticated Knitted Capelet.
- Easiest Ever Triangle Wrap Shawl.
What can I crochet with 1200 yards of yarn?
Top 10 Crochet Patterns in 900-1200 yards
- Butterfly Ripple Shawl.
- Bridal Shrug.
- Simply Shawl.
- Crocus Mandala Vest.
- Aran Stitch Cardigan & Hat.
- Autumn Leaves Filet Crochet Shawl.
- Doubled Draft Dodge.
- 1920s cardigan.
What can I crochet with 900 yards of yarn?
Top 10 Crochet Patterns in 750-900 yards
- Rainbow Star Baby Blanket.
- Eleanor Sweater Scarf.
- Bridal Shawl.
- Toddler Hoodie.
- BabyDROPS 19-8.
- Child’s Crochet Crew Neck Cardigan.
- Drops Baby Jacket.
- Easy-to-wear Cardigan.