How do I turn a picture into a knitting chart?
Just find the logo online, copy/paste that image’s URL into Knitwit’s app, and follow the steps on the site. This app will let you crop the image, set the colors you want to see in your final chart, set the width (in terms of stitch count) for the chart and it even accounts for your gauge. and turn it into this.
How do you knit a chart?
Charts for flat knitting are read in the same direction you would knit your work: starting from the bottom and reading from Right to Left (←) on RS rows (usually the odd-numbered rows) and from Left to Right (→) on WS rows (usually the even-numbered rows).
How do you design a knitting pattern?
How to Design a Knitting Pattern
- Pattern Category. Start your design process by deciding what type of garment or accessory you would like to release. …
- Moodboard. Once you have decided on the pattern category, it’s time to put together a mood board. …
- Yarn. For some designers, this stage comes earlier in their design process.
What is a knitting pattern generator?
http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/ knitPro is a web application that translates digital images into knit, crochet, needlepoint and cross-stitch patterns. Just upload jpeg, gif or png images of whatever you wish — portraits, landscapes, logos… and it will generate the image pattern on a grid sizable for any project.
How do I turn a picture into a graph in Excel?
To convert your JPG to Excel spreadsheets:
- Go to the online file converter.
- Drag and drop the JPG to save it first to PDF.
- Download the JPG, click ‘Start Over’ on the top-right corner.
- Upload the converted file, click ‘to Excel’ and let the tool work its magic.
- All done! Save the Excel file to your computer.
How do you read a repeated knitting pattern?
Repeats are typically indicated by two bold lines that mark the section of the chart you should repeat. You may also see some text below the chart that says something like “8-stitch repeat.” Once you’ve worked those eight stitches of the chart, you’ll go back and do them again.
Can you make a living designing knitting patterns?
Designers are the creative heartbeat of the yarn industry. Fun new patterns excite knitters, drive yarn and needle sales, create trends, and keep the craft vibrant. Successful designers are celebrities in their own right, and some have been able to make full-time, lucrative work out of designing knits.
How do you size a knitting pattern?
First, you need to figure out how many stitches fit in 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) by dividing your width into your number of stitches. In the example, the swatch is 4.5 inches (11 centimeters) wide with 12 stitches per inch. Therefore, divide 12 by 4.5, which equals 2.6.
How do you publish a knitting pattern?
Knit Design Tips—10 Steps to Self Publishing a Pattern April 4, 2016 13:05 3 Comments
- Step 1: Conceptualize, Sketch & Swatch. …
- Step 2: Find a Sample Knitter. …
- Step 3: Source the Yarn. …
- Step 4: Write the Pattern. …
- Step 5: Double Check the Pattern Against the Finished Garment. …
- Step 6: Send Garment for Photography.
What is the intarsia knitting technique?
Intarsia is a knitting colorwork technique that involves knitting with blocks of color. They can be in any shape or design you like, but the key is that when you change colors, you don’t strand the colors you’re not working with across the back as is done in stranded knitting (also known as Fair Isle).
Can you knit without a pattern?
Yes, you really can knit a jumper without a tricky pattern. Chunky wool and big needles work best. You’ll knit four rectangles: front, back and two sleeves. For the front and back, measure the width of your shoulders across your body, and your desired length, from your collarbones down your body.
Is bellish a free app?
Download the free Bellish app for iOS (Android is currently in beta testing and will be available soon – stay tuned, Android friends!) A measuring tape (to measure for your size and to measure your gauge swatch) Yarn and needles.