How do you finish the edges of a fleece blanket?
Once you have your fleece fabric cut to the dimensions you want it to be, all you need to do is finish your blanket. You can finish a fleece blanket with a simple folded hem, by adding fringe to the edges and tying it into knots, or by weaving fringe loops around the blanket’s edges to create a braided edge.
How do you finish the edges of a single layer fleece blanket?
It’s easiest to move the tape as you work on each side rather than adding the tape to all four sides at once. Remove 6″ square from fleece corner using scissors or rotary cutter and ruler. This will allow your blanket to lie flat and give it a nice finish.
How much fleece do you need to make a tie blanket?
To make a fleece tie blanket, you’ll need:
2 coordinating pieces of fleece (baby: 1 yard of each color, kid: 1.5 yards of each color, adult: 2 yards of each color)
Can you cut fleece with regular scissors?
Can You Cut Fleece With Regular Scissors? Yes, you can. Sometimes regular scissors will do the trick if the scissors’ edges are extremely sharp. … Other scissors you can use are the ones made for cutting fabric.
What kind of stitch should I use on fleece?
Use a good polyester thread and a slightly larger stitch length (3mm-5mm). Stitching with a straight stitch is fine for most seams, but a small zigzag stitch is recommended at points where the seam will endure more movement, like armholes.
Should fleece be washed before sewing?
Should I pre-wash the fleece? Fleece does not shrink, fade or run so there is no need to prewash the fabric. It does not like to be ironed therefor if you need to press a seam flat, use a low setting with steam on and a pressing cloth.
How do you make a double sided fleece blanket?
Steps To Sew A Double-Sided Blanket
- Step 1: Cut your fabric. …
- Step 2: Round the corners (optional) …
- Step 3: Sew the two-layer together. …
- Step 4: Cut the seam allowance. …
- Step 5: Turn the right sides out. …
- Step 6: Sew over the gap. …
- Step 7: Decorate your blanket.
How do you make a fleece dog blanket?
Dog-I-Y: Easy DIY Fleece Pet Blankets
- Step 1: Cut your fleece to the desired size — no need to be precise. …
- Step 2: With your scissors, go around the edges of your blanket and cut 2 inch wide strips (approximately). …
- Step 3: Cut the corners out. …
- Step 4: Go around again and cut each of the wide strips in half.