Second, anyone can hand stitch. Sewing a pillowcase with a needle and thread is just like making one with a sewing machine, except you’ll obviously be sewing by and and it will take a few minutes longer.
How do you cover a pillow without a sewing machine?
How to Make a No-Sew Pillow Cover
- Measure and Cut Fabric. Measure and cut fabric three times as wide and two times as high as the pillow form (Images 1 and 2). …
- Cover Pillow Form. Place form in the middle of the fabric piece, and fold over fabric in half to completely cover (Images 1 and 2). …
- Tie a Knot.
What is the first step in sewing a pillowcase?
Sew a pillowcase in 7 easy steps
- What you’ll need: …
- Wash, dry and iron your fabric before measuring and cutting the fabric.
- Fold the fabrics in half to easily cut the rectangles.
- Fold the cuff in half, lengthwise and iron down the fold.
- Match up the raw edges of the cuff with the right side of the pillowcase body, pin and sew with a 1/2″ allowance.
How do you make a name on a pillow?
This beautiful deisgn lets you send customize good night message to your loved one. You can write your name or the receiver’s name on this pillow with a message “Good night, sweet dreams” written on it. This will surely bring a big smile on the face of your loved one.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
How much fabric do I need for a throw pillowcase?
A square of 54-inch fabric is 1 1/4 yards long. That’s enough for four finished 16-inch square pillows (plus one 18-inch square of fabric left over). That 54-inch square also is a perfect size for a throw; just hem or finish the edges. Each simple pillow has two sides.
What is the coolest fabric for pillow cases?
The Top 5 Cooling Pillowcase Fabrics
- White Classic Cotton Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- SHEEX Breezy Cooling Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- Snuggle-Pedic Zipper Bamboo Pillow Cover. OVERVIEW. …
- WonderHome Cooling Tencel + Bamboo Rayon, Silky-Soft Satin Pillowcase. OVERVIEW. …
- Great Bay Home Extra Soft Heather Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Pillowcases.