How do you push corners when sewing?
Insert your index finger into the corner between the fabric layers. Hold the two seam allowances down at the corner from the outside with your thumb. Pinch the seam allowances between your thumb and index finger, and turn the project right side out, turning the fabric over your thumb. Press.
How do you sew a corner on a cushion?
Square Edge Cushion
- Cut two pieces of fabric of equal size and 1 inch larger than the finished cushion cover. …
- Lay the pieces on the work surface, right sides together.
- Place a mark 3 inches from each corner along the each edge of the cushion. …
- Sew around the perimeter with a 1/2-inch seam allowance.
How do you make a fabric corner?
- Cut three 4″ x 4″ squares.
- Fold one square in half to form a triangle.
- Place triangle on top of another square, fold at center, top and side edges aligned.
- Add remaining square on top with right sides together.
- Clip to hold.
- Sew around square with 1/4″ seam allowance leaving 2″ opening at bottom.
- Snip corners.
How do you make the perfect quilt squares?
8 Tips to create a perfect quilt block
- Make sure your 1/4″ seam allowance is accurate. …
- Use pins to keep pieces aligned that you’re going to sew together, especially at the beginning and end of a seam. …
- Use strip piecing techniques when possible. …
- Make sure seam intersections are aligned and pin them well.