A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
How much fabric do I need for a queen size pillowcase?
Purchase 1 1/4 yards of 44-inch fabric for each queen-size pillowcase you want to make. Two pillowcases will require 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This pillowcase is made of one kind of fabric and is one-piece construction.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the coolest fabric for pillow cases?
The Top 5 Cooling Pillowcase Fabrics
- White Classic Cotton Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- SHEEX Breezy Cooling Pillowcases. OVERVIEW. …
- Snuggle-Pedic Zipper Bamboo Pillow Cover. OVERVIEW. …
- WonderHome Cooling Tencel + Bamboo Rayon, Silky-Soft Satin Pillowcase. OVERVIEW. …
- Great Bay Home Extra Soft Heather Jersey Knit (T-Shirt) Pillowcases.
How do I calculate how much fabric I need?
Figure out how much fabric you need with this formula:
- Width of fabric divided by width of one piece equals the number of pieces that fit into width (rounded down to the whole number).
- Total number of pieces divided by number of pieces that fit into width equals number of rows you need.
How do you measure fabric for a pillow?
Measure the dimensions of your pillow. To determine the size rectangle you’ll need, add 1 inch (2.5 cm) to the height for the seam allowance, and multiply the length by 2, then add 6 inches (15 cm). (For example, an 18-inch [45.5 cm] pillow insert would require a 19-by-42-inch [48.5 cm by 106.5 cm] rectangle.)
How many yards is a king size pillowcase?
How Much Fabric For a King Pillowcase. If you own a king-size bed or giving a pillowcase as a gift to someone who does, then all you will need is about 1 1/2 yards of 45-inch fabric. This amount of fabric should make a 20 by 36-inch pillowcase.
What can I make with 2 yards of fabric?
That is just to give you an idea of how much material you have in 2 yards. Some of the projects you can make are tote bags, handbags, wallets, shirts, t-shirts, bandanas, hats, cushions, pillow cases, rugs, wall hangings, small blouses, and the list can go on.
How do you make a simple pillowcase?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
Do queen size pillows fit in standard cases?
Measuring 20-by-30 inches, queen pillows are a scant 4 inches longer than standard pillows, which measure 20-by-26 inches. You won’t need to buy bigger pillowcases, though, since standard and queen pillows fit into the same-size cases.
Is a queen size pillow the same as standard?
Queen Size. Queen pillows are slightly longer than a standard pillow, with a typical measurement of 20″ x 30″. … However, pillows are a completely personal preference, and many of our customers with twin or double beds prefer the extra length of a queen pillow.
How do you measure for a pillow cover?
What size insert should I get for my pillow cover? We generally recommend using inserts that are 2″ larger all around than your finished pillow size. For example if you have an 18×18 pillow cover, you’ll want to use a 20×20 insert. This will ensure that your pillow looks plump and luxurious.