How do you make a double sided no sew fleece blanket?
No Sew Fleece Blanket
- Step 1: Choose the Fabric. Choose a print and a contrasting or matching solid. …
- Step 2: Line Up the Two Fabric Pieces. Line up the two fabrics, right sides OUT. …
- Step 3: Trim to the Same Size. …
- Step 4: Cut Out the Corners. …
- Step 5: Cutting the Fringe. …
- Step 6: Begin Tying Knots. …
- Step 7: Continue Around the Blanket.
How do you make a two layer blanket?
How to make an easy sew double layer baby blanket
- Pre-wash your fabric – especially if using cottons. …
- Layer one fabric on top of each other and trim to make them the exact same size. …
- With right sides together, pin the 2 fabrics together.
- Sew around the perimeter of the blanket, leaving a 3-4 inch opening.
- Clip the corners.
How do you finish a double-sided fleece blanket?
- Step 1: Lay the fleece fabric out on a flat surface and with your scissors even out any poorly cut edges.
- Step 2: Fold the edge of the fleece fabric over 1/2 inch, pin in place (if needed.) …
- Step 3: When you finish one side, fold over the next side, pin in place and repeat this step on the other three sides.
How do you make a fleece blanket without ties?
- Stack your two pieces of fabric on top of each other so that you cut them the same.
- Cut out a four inch square out of each corner.
- Cut the edge into 4 inch strips 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Make a one inch cut in the center at the top end of each strip.
- Continue all the way around the blanket.
Is fleece hard to sew?
Fleece fabric is a 100% polyester fabric with a fluffy nap. It is used for warm clothing and is a cheaper alternative to natural wool. Because it does not fray and has minimal stretch, it is easy to sew. While fleece is thick it is lighter than wool and thus is comfortable to wear.
How do you finish the edge of a fleece blanket?
Once you have your fleece fabric cut to the dimensions you want it to be, all you need to do is finish your blanket. You can finish a fleece blanket with a simple folded hem, by adding fringe to the edges and tying it into knots, or by weaving fringe loops around the blanket’s edges to create a braided edge.
What is the best stitch for fleece?
Use a good polyester thread and a slightly larger stitch length (3mm-5mm). Stitching with a straight stitch is fine for most seams, but a small zigzag stitch is recommended at points where the seam will endure more movement, like armholes.
How much fleece for a no sew blanket?
No sewing required! You will need 2 pieces of fleece, about 1 to 1 1/4 yards each, a pair of fabric scissors (or a rotary cutter – much easier!), cutting board (or some kind of cutting surface) and a ruler or straight-edge.
How many yards of fleece do I need for a king size blanket?
5 to 3 yards (1.3-2.7meters) of each fleece.
How many yards of fleece do I need for a blanket?
|Full||6 yards per side||8 yards|
|Queen||6 yards per side||12 yards|
|King||9 yards per side||12 yards|