What size fabric do I need for a 16 inch pillow?
If you are using a square pillow, here are some quick measurements for you to cut your fabric: 16″ pillow: Cut the fabric 16″ x 36″; 17″ pillow: Cut the fabric 17″ x 38″; 18″ pillow: Cut the fabric 18″ x 40″.
How do you measure a pillow for a cover?
How to Measure Your Throw Pillow
- Step 1: Grasp the top and bottom corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
- Step 2: Measure the pillow’s height, from top to bottom, along the edge of the pillow.
- Step 3: Grasp the left and right corners of the pillow and pull the fabric tight.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
How much fabric do I need for an 18 inch pillow?
All you need is half a yard of 45 inch wide fabric to sew an 18 inch pillow cover.
How do you make a trim with a pillow?
Part 3 of 3: Sewing the Trim into Place
- Pin the trim to the edges of the pillow. …
- Gather the trim at the corners of the pillow. …
- Sew along the edges of the trim to secure it on 1 side. …
- Repeat the same stitch on the opposite side if needed. …
- Overlap the ends of the trim.
How much material do I need to make a pillow?
Sizing Up Fabric Needs for Pillow Covers
|Type of Pillow||Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|Square pillow forms||12 x 12 inches||1/3 yard|
|14 x 14 inches||1/2 yard|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
|18 x 18 inches||5/8 yard|
How do you cover a no sew pillow?
How to Make a No-Sew Pillow Cover
- Measure and Cut Fabric. Measure and cut fabric three times as wide and two times as high as the pillow form (Images 1 and 2). …
- Cover Pillow Form. Place form in the middle of the fabric piece, and fold over fabric in half to completely cover (Images 1 and 2). …
- Tie a Knot.
How do you fill a pillow cover?
Keeping the insert squeezed together with one hand, hold open the pillow cover with the other hand and gently pull the cover over one end of the insert. Continue working the cover over the insert while keeping it squeezed together until you have all four corners of the insert inside the cover.
What size pillow goes in 18×18 cover?
For example if you have an 18×18 pillow cover, you’ll want to use a 20×20 insert. This will ensure that your pillow looks plump and luxurious. If the insert is too small, the pillow cover will look saggy.
What size pillow goes in a 12×20 cover?
Size: 12×20 Inch pillow insert fit 12×20 inch pillow cover. Material: Covers are made by Non Woven Fabric. Non Woven Fabric is breathable. Filler is made by high quality polyester.
|Product Dimensions||20 x 12 x 2 inches|
|Customer Reviews||4.2 out of 5 stars 509 ratings 4.2 out of 5 stars|
What size pillow goes in a 20×20 cover?
For a luxurious and full looking pillow, choose inserts that are 1 to 4 inches larger than the cover that you’ll be using (see below). Usually the larger the cover, the greater the difference between the cover and insert that’s required for a full look. Our most popular insert size is 22×22 (for use with 20×20 covers).